Apex Legends has announced a new event titled “Dark Depths”, set to run from January 11th – February 1st. This new event features a new Arenas map, themed cosmetics, and Flash Events. Read on for more:
NEW ARENAS MAP: HABITAT
Storm Point is just one of many islands in the New Antillia archipelago. Habitat 4 is one of the smallest islands in the chain, and is best known as a Leviathan breeding ground. Early IMC research groups were surprised to find that a large population of local Leviathans gravitated toward the island, and designated Habitat 4 as an ethology base to study the creatures’ behavior. It’s been over a century since then, and while the IMC is gone, the gentle giants they studied here remain.
Habitat 4 was inspired by Leviathans and how it would feel to fight in their breeding grounds. It represents our vision of an arena established in a natural environment, while holding true to the tentpoles of arena design. With that being said, one of Habitat 4’s key features is a large waterfall. Through the passage of time it has eroded the landscape, forming trenches and terraces of varied elevation. Making this island a paradise for slides and quick getaways.
Two primary POIs rest on higher ground on opposing sides: the Cave and the Nest. The Nest is full of precious, giant Leviathan eggs which make for great cover, as the hardened egg shells are tough as steel. The focus is mid to long range combat with a great vantage point of the map. The eggs and rocky terrain offer multiple flanking options and rotations for Legends that like to get closer. Lateral ziplines near the frontlines also provide opportunity for Legends to support their team quickly when divided or outnumbered.
On the opposing side of the Nest, the enclosed space of the Cave offers a sense of security and protection. Fights are focused on mid-range and close combat, allowing for a variety of strategies and fast pushes on timely shield breaks. Sacrificing cover and controlling the Cave’s center will give you a leg up, as it overlooks the map’s mid-field and one of the airdrops. If things get too spicy, Legends can use the Cave’s waterslide as a fast getaway or to quickly move towards the Nest. Wildlife enthusiasts might notice Flyers as they frequently rest in the Cave’s canopy above. However, they often end up as food for newly hatched Leviathans…
Plan your escape now, and visit Habitat 4.
Flash Events during Dark Depths are essentially individual prize tracks per week. So each week there will be a new set of unique prizes + 1 unique badge players can earn by completing challenges. Here’s a look at some of the rewards that will be available each week.
January 11th to January 18th
- Key prizes include: Apex Packs, Epic Holospray, Load Screen
January 18th to January 25th
- Key prizes include: Apex Pack, Valkyrie Epic Holospray, 1 Dark Depths Pack
January 25th to February 1st
- Key prizes include: Epic Revenant Holospray, Epic Alternator Skin, Epic Revenant Skin
These are just some of the rewards you’ll be able to earn!
Unlock themed cosmetics that turn the Legends into terrors from the deep. Purchase Legendary skins for Ash, Horizon, Lifeline and Fuse – or get a guaranteed new themed item in a Dark Depths Pack* and unlock cosmetics, weapon charms, trackers and more. Buy bundles or themed packs* to complete matching cosmetic sets for each Legendary skin, and complete daily and weekly challenges to earn prizes on the rewards track.
DARK DEPTHS PACKS
New to this event are special limited time Dark Depths Packs. For 400 Apex Coins, players can get an Event Thematic Pack that’s guaranteed to have a non-dupe event-limited item.
- Dark Depths Packs are available for a limited time during the Dark Depths Event, but the items will always be available in the standard Apex Pack pool of items
- Dark Depths Packs however, guarantee you one non-duplicate Dark Depths Thematic Event item
- The new thematic event will introduce 40 new items around the Dark Depths theme
- Dark Depths items can always be crafted with crafting metals. After two seasons, crafting metal costs of Dark Depths Items may be reduced.
- To preview/view what the new items are, players can go to the thematic event tab in-game
- For more information around event thematic packs please visit our FAQ page https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/about/frequently-asked-questions
Some items not available in all territories.