Hey all, Today we wanted to check in and provide some info on some of the topics we’ve seen discussed this week that we can speak to:
LEGEND RESTING BONUS TO 50K XP THIS WEEK
Remember, every week the resting bonus for Legends will increase by 25K. As of today the total resting bonus you can earn for each Legend is 50K. Next week will be 75K and so on and will cap at 250K.
FRAME RATE CAPPED TO 144 ON PC
In the last patch we made an update with the intent to cap frames at 300 if players bypassed the default 144 frames per second. This introduced a bug that capped frames to 144 regardless if players uncapped it or not. In the next patch we’ll be fixing this so the cap is 300 as intended.
XBOX UPDATE YESTERDAY
Xbox players should have noticed a small update that needed to be downloaded yesterday. This was address some stability issues on Xbox One.
Thank you to everyone that’s been catching and reporting this. After investigating on our end, we were able to confirm that there is an issue regarding hitboxes around Legend arms and upper bodies. This was why you would see a shot appear to connect but not always register damage. We have made some small improvements server side but are still investigating other examples players are sharing and doing tests to repro and address. Please continue to report and share clips if you can.
AUDIO KNOWN ISSUES
Issues we are aware of and currently looking into:
- Audio dropouts, where sounds or parts of sounds in the game seem to be missing at times.
- Audio distortion, where there is loud static or mangled-sounding audio that plays, generally during large gunfights and/or heavy concentrations of players.
- Close enemy footsteps being too quiet, or silent, in some situations.
Some troubleshooting tips that could help improve your audio performance:
- Hard drive performance is the biggest factor, so anything that can make your hard drive faster can help, including:
- Defragging your PC HD prior to the game installation (but don’t defrag if you have an SSD!) .
- If possible, we recommend using a fast HD to install the game onto, such as an SSD or a 7200 RPM HD.
- It can potentially help to make sure that the hard drive is not being hit by other background processes, such as downloading other games or recording video to the same HD as the game.
- Currently, the game does not support quad audio. If your game is currently set to that, please change it to stereo or another surround option, such as 5.1 or 7.1, if your setup supports that.
When you experience audio issues or bug, here is some info you can provide to help us identify the problem:
- General system specs, including the particular console you are on (PS4, PS4 Pro, XB1, XB1S, XB1X) or the PC and hard drive used, if on PC.
- Analysis of other things going on during the game at the time – was there generally poor performance from server lag, bad frame rate, etc.
- Video if you happen to be able to capture it in a non-performance hindering way.
AN UPDATE ON CRASHES
Last week we dropped a small patch for PC. This patch included a fix for the biggest offender causing crashing on PC that we were able to identify thanks to all the apex_crash reports players sent to us. Since then, we’ve seen the daily crash rate on PC drop by about 90%.
This has been promising to see but we know we’re not out of the woods yet. We’ve been investigating the remaining causes for crashing we’re seeing and planning to add better communication from the game with error messages and tips to help players troubleshoot issues in the event of a PC crash in a future update.
We are aware of reported crashes on consoles as well and will be including improvements to overall stability in an upcoming client patch. I can’t say specific dates yet but we’ll let you folks know when we can and will include patch notes for it.